Monday, December 6, 2010

A Not So Jobless Christmas

Having received a call back from the movie theatre I went in for an interview. I dressed nicely for the occasion since it was the only chance I expected to have at a job this month.
When I arrived they had me take a seat and wait for the manager. She was nice, most of all I'm glad to see that she seemed to have a fun but professional attitude. Meaning that she wasn't bossy, and I think I'll enjoy working with her.

They had me fill out some paper work; I must of signed 30 different pages to the tune of "I will wear my uniform and be to work on time." Good news is I got hired on at $7.50 an hour! It isn't much I know, but it's the same as my last job, so at least I'm not making any less. The manager also hinted to me that I would be working as a projectionist again. I loved running the projectors last time I worked at a theatre so I like the idea of getting to do it again.

The only downfall to the new job is that I'll have to work all the weekend and holiday shifts. I was hired as a seasonal temp, and they plan on letting go of me after the new year. I however don't plan on going anywhere. I'm confident that by January 6th (my "last day") I can convince them to keep me around. That's not good news for whoever they do let go, but that can't be helped.

It's been a long weekend what with getting a job and working on my final projects for the semester. I'm taking it easy tonight. I have a warm cup of tea and a pretty girl waiting for me to get off the laptop and watch some Internet TV. So I bid you all farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment